Pageviews

Wednesday 2 February 2011

My best friend was a fairy

I was living in Yeovil at the time I think, and had a best friend called Melissa. She was proper bitchy and bossy and absolutely loved herself, but I was pretty young and it didn't really matter what your best friend was like as long as you did everything together. So when one day she announced she was the fairy queen, I wasn't too sure how to react. In the past she'd told me that she wrote the song 'Doe, a deer' so I couldn't exactly believe everything she ever said.

But she really did go all out to convince me that she genuinely was a fairy. She wrote tiny little fairy notes, which you could barely read because the writing was so small, put barbies around her room with wings and claimed that I couldn't see them move because I was only a mere human so only she could, and literally hung out of her window calling to her fairy clan. So even though I figured it was all a bit unlikely, something in me really hoped that because she had been trying so desperately hard to convince me, maybe it was real.

So even though I fully went along with her fairy story, when I told her that I had in fact been a vampire the whole time, she forced me to bite her arm to prove that I was lying. Strange girl, I dread to think what she's like now.

1 comment:

  1. BRILLIANT!!!
    I think secretly you love hanging around with total freaks because you're still doing it now ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete