Pageviews

Thursday 24 February 2011

Friday night rollerskating

When we lived in Gloucester, we would go rollerskating every Friday night in some big hall to music and disco lights. That was where I learned to spin a semicircle "The Golden Eagle". It seemed so, so cool then. The youngest people there would have been my age (which was about eleven) the oldest were about sixteen, but it was a bit embarassing if you were that old..

I remember one boy who was fifteen asked me to be his girlfriend, and I was all excited. I think his name was Rob. Well, he never said it was, but he had a load of dark hair and dark eyes and wore a skateboarding tshirt. So if it wasn't his name then it should have been. We had never spoken before he asked me that. He then asked how old I was, and so I said "Guess.." (see I knew how to be all mysterious even at that age) and he reckoned fourteen and I was pretty chuffed looking three years older than I was so I said he was right.

However, I couldn't be his Juliet because I was already with that little Jack guy (the one who I married) and so had to gently let him down. But it was cool, cause I had rejected him so he still thought I was all cool and old and a mystery woman.

Then my oldest brother came along and told him to clear off cause I was only ten (I was eleven :| ) and the boy called me a liar and laughed in my face.

I don't know why I remember that. Guess it was pretty difficult times for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment